For Immediate Release: Straker Foundation Announce Fall 2022 Grants
Date: November 14, 2022
For More Information:
(ZANESVILLE) The J.W. & M.H. Straker Charitable Foundation is awarding almost $200,000.00 in small capital, program/project, and emergency fund grants this Fall. Fall requests totaled $575,157.24.
Five small capital requests will be funded:
- Foodworks Alliance ($25,000.00) to purchase a walk-in freezer and labelling machine;
- Head Start/Coburn United Methodist Church Food Pantry ($25,000.00) to cover the walkway used by Head Start workers, pantry volunteers, and polling place attendees;
- Muskingum County Center for Seniors ($25,000.00) to install automatic doors in five restrooms;
- Muskingum Soil and Water Conservation District ($17,962.26) to support the expansion of the Marshall Greens Community Garden;
- Y-City Midget Baseball League ($25,000.00) to improve and replace unsafe walkways to the ballfield.
Five organizations will receive project/program funding:
- Christ’s Table ($10,000.00) to work with Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry, Inc., in processing meat for food kitchens and pantries;
- Heroes Landing ($10,000.00) to support a secure server;
- The Muskingum County Social Justice Coalition ($10,000.00) to expand the summer Career Connections Camp;
- Philo United Methodist Church ($10,000.00) to support installation of necessary HVAC equipment;
- Trulight Ministries ($10,000.00) to support the 2022-2023 winter shelter at the Hallowed Hills Campground;
Emergency fund grants will be awarded to…
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Muskingum County Family Dependency Court
- Maysville Elementary School
In addition, Foxfire Schools will receive $2,900.00 toward their PBIS reality store.
The Straker Foundation’s spring grant cycle will open in February 2023. Dates will be announced on www.strakerfoundation.org.
About the J.W. and M.H. Straker Charitable Foundation
William and Mary Helen Straker launched the J.W. and M.H. Straker Charitable Foundation in 1994. Ten descendants of J. William and Mary Helen Straker serve as its board of trustees. The trustees are committed to using J.W. and M.H. Straker Charitable Foundation funds to support the kinds of projects the Strakers cared about: programs that foster community growth, enable young people to grow in character and integrity, enhance education, or increase community exposure to the arts and sciences.