J.W AND M.H. STRAKER CHARITABLE FOUNDATION
“Hard work and diligent effort, coupled with prudent and conservative management, created the assets which support the Foundation, and it is the desire of the founders that the income and principal of the Foundation be used to help organizations, individuals, and projects in the community that subscribe to these principles.”
William and Mary Helen Straker launched the J.W. and M.H. Straker Charitable Foundation in 1994 with these words. The Strakers lived their belief in hard work over a lifetime partnership. As they entered their retirement years, they created a way to share the assets they had accumulated with the community they loved: Zanesville and Muskingum County, Ohio.
THE STRAKER CHARITABLE FOUNDATION IS COMMITTED TO SUPPORTING PROJECTS
THAT SUPPORT THE ARTS AND SCIENCES, EDUCATION, INITIATIVES THAT HAVE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON THE LIVES OF CHILDREN, AND ENDEAVORS THAT LEAD TO CIVIC DEVELOPMENT AND STRENGTHENED COMMUNITY LIFE IN THE CITY OF ZANESVILLE AND MUSKINGUM COUNTY, OHIO.Request A Grant
Grant Cycle Opens Spring 2022
(ZANESVILLE) The J.W. & M.H. Straker Charitable Foundation will begin accepting 2022 grant applications on February 8th. The grant cycle closes on March 15. This year’s grant proposals will be submitted online at www.strakerfoundation.org.
The Foundation prioritizes grants that align with these guidelines:
- Foundation support is vital or catalytic to the proposed project’s success.
- The applicant organization has established a collaborative network that multiplies the impact of the grant period.
- The proposal is innovative and efficient in its use of funds.
- Expenses are reduced by sharing resources with other agencies or groups.
- The project is a well-planned approach to solving a problem and delivering services.
- The project promotes better human relationships and a sense of community.
The Foundation can consider requests from not for profit, educational, and governmental organizations.
For guidance on determining the amount of the request and in completing the application, please contact the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please consider, too, how a site visit, which could enhance your application, can be safely planned.