The J.W. & M.H. Straker Charitable Foundation will begin accepting 2021 mini-grant applications on October 4. The grant cycle closes on November 14. This fall’s grant proposals will be submitted online at www.strakerfoundation.org.
Eligible proposals will be project-based. The Foundation will award up to five mini-grants of $20,000.00 or less during this competitive cycle.
The Straker Charitable Foundation funds projects that support the arts, sciences, and education; that have a positive impact on the lives of children; and that lead to civic development and strengthened community life in the city of Zanesville and Muskingum County, Ohio.
Priority consideration is given to proposals that meet these criteria:
- Our support will be vital or catalytic to the proposed project’s success.
- The applicant’s organization has established a collaborative network that multiplies the impact of the grant period.
- The proposal is innovative and efficient in its use of funds.
- Expenses are reduced by sharing resources with other agencies or groups.
- The project is a well-planned approach to solving a problem and delivering services.
- The project promotes better human relationships and a sense of community.
To be considered for a J.W. and M.H. Straker Foundation grant, you’ll be asked to answer questions like these:
- What is your organization’s mission?
- In 350-500 words, please share a concise history of the organization.
- What is the amount of your request?
- Provide a 500-700-word description of the proposed project.
- What other sources of financial support are you requesting for this project? What responses have you received?
- Please include a project budget.
- Please explain, if applicable, (300 words) how you will sustain this initiative.
- What staff members will be involved? Who will lead the project and who will oversee finances?
- Provide a list of your Board of Trustees and their meeting schedule for the upcoming year.
- Please attach a copy of the organization’s current financials.
- Please attach the organization’s last certified audit.
- Please attach the organization’s IRS determination letter.
Applicants must be non-profit organizations, government entities, or educational institutions.
The J.W. and M.H. Straker Charitable Foundation will open a limited, competitive grant cycle this Fall on October 4; applications will be due November 14. The Foundation will fund five awards of up to $20,000.00 each.