THE J.W. & M.H. STRAKER CHARITABLE FOUNDATION WILL BEGIN ACCEPTING 2022 GRANT APPLICATIONS ON FEBRUARY 8. THE GRANT CYCLE CLOSES ON MARCH 15. THIS SPRING’S GRANT PROPOSALS WILL BE SUBMITTED ONLINE AT WWW.STRAKERFOUNDATION.ORG
The Straker Charitable Foundation funds projects that support the arts, sciences, and education; that have a positive impact on the lives of children; and that lead to civic development and strengthened community life in the city of Zanesville and Muskingum County, Ohio.
Priority consideration is given to proposals that meet these criteria:
- Our support will be vital or catalytic to the proposed project’s success.
- The applicant’s organization has established a collaborative network that multiplies the impact of the grant period.
- The proposal is innovative and efficient in its use of funds.
- Expenses are reduced by sharing resources with other agencies or groups.
- The project is a well-planned approach to solving a problem and delivering services.
- The project promotes better human relationships and a sense of community.
To be considered for a J.W. and M.H. Straker Foundation grant, you’ll be asked to answer questions like these:
- What is your organization’s mission?
- In 350-500 words, please share a concise history of the organization.
- What is the amount of your request?
- Provide a 500-700-word description of the proposed project.
- What other sources of financial support are you requesting for this project? What responses have you received?
- Please include a project budget.
- Please explain, if applicable, (300 words) how you will sustain this initiative.
- What staff members will be involved? Who will lead the project and who will oversee finances?
- Provide a list of your Board of Trustees and their meeting schedule for the upcoming year.
- Please attach a copy of the organization’s current financials.
- Please attach the organization’s last certified audit.
- Please attach the organization’s IRS determination letter.
Applicants must be non-profit organizations, government entities, or educational institutions.