The J.W. & M.H. Straker Charitable Foundation will begin accepting 2021 mini-grant applications on October 4. The grant cycle closes on November 14. This fall’s grant proposals will be submitted online at www.strakerfoundation.org.
Eligible proposals will be project-based. The Foundation will award up to five mini-grants of $20,000.00 or less during this competitive cycle.
The Straker Charitable Foundation funds projects that support the arts, sciences, and education; that have a positive impact on the lives of children; and that lead to civic development and strengthened community life in the city of Zanesville and Muskingum County, Ohio.
We welcome requests for exciting projects that would not be possible without a grant of up to $20,000 each. To be considered for a J.W. and M.H. Straker Charitable Foundation Fall 2021 grant, you must be able to complete this project in its entirety with the award.
Projects that can be completed/implemented by April 30, 2022, will receive priority consideration.
Examples of the type of project we’re looking for might include (but are not limited to)…
- Field trips for kids, with meals, transportation, and admission covered;
- Speaker’s fee and related books and materials on a specific topic;
- The purchase of equipment to be used to benefit the people you serve.
Consider submitting repair and property maintenance costs or other ongoing expenses for a grant in our spring cycle.
The J.W. and M.H. Straker Charitable Foundation has allotted up to $100,000 to be distributed in five grants during the Fall cycle.
To be considered for a J.W. and M.H. Straker Foundation grant, you’ll be asked to answer questions like these:
- What is your organization’s mission?
- In 350-500 words, please share a concise history of the organization.
- What is the amount of your request?
- Provide a 500-700-word description of the proposed project.
- Describe the project’s impact. What is your timeline for completion?
- Please include a project budget.
- Please explain, if applicable, (300 words) how you will sustain this initiative.
- What staff members will be involved? Who will lead the project and who will oversee finances?
- Provide a list of your Board of Trustees, their meeting schedule, and their attendance for the upcoming year. Do you have an attendance policy for board members?
- Please attach a copy of the organization’s current financials.
- Please attach the organization’s last certified audit.
- Please attach the organization’s IRS determination letter